About Me

My name is Jessie Im a stay at home mommy to two amazing girls and a wife to a wonderful husband.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Corndogs and cheese sticks

I wanted to make some thing easy tonight, so I decided out of all my Pinterest recipes I would make the corndogs. They were easy the batter only had 4 ingredients, but it made a LOT and I even cut it in half and I had way to much! I also made it to thin so all the batter kind of slid off, so they didn't look pretty but the were yummy, I even made some cheese stick ones. Lyla gave them two thumbs up! :)

It was a little to thin but worked ok.
I just used cheddar cheese.
Not pretty but yummy!
Two thumbs up!!!


Classic corn dogs/cheese sticks

6 cups pancake mix (I used Krusteaz)
2 cups yellow cornmeal 
2 eggs beaten
6 cups water hot dogs 
oil for frying 
sticks 
In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and cornmeal stir to combine. Add eggs and water I would start off only adding 4 cups of water and add more as needed. Heat oil over med/high heat drop in a bit of batter to see if its ready. Insert sticks into the hot dogs so that they're 2/3 of the way through dip the hot dogs into the batter and allow the excess batter to drip off. Carefully drop into the oil, flipping here and there to ensure even browning.
Eat and enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment